The Netherlands Euro 2020 squad was one of the first to be confirmed for this summer's tournament.
But Dutch boss Frank De Boer will now have just 25 players to choose from, following an injury to Manchester United midfielder Donny Van de Beek. De Boer decided against choosing a replacement.
The biggest news remains that the Netherlands' star defender and captain Virgil van Dijk will not be playing, having missed all of Liverpool's season through injury – a major blow to the Oranje.
They will nevertheless be expected to progress through their group, which contains Austria, North Macedonia and Ukraine. You can find every Euro 2020 group here.
Netherlands Euro 2020 squad
- GK: Tim Krul (Norwich City)
- GK: Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax)
- GK: Marco Bizot (AZ)
- DF: Joel Veltman (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- DF: Patrick van Aanholt (Crystal Palace)
- DF: Nathan Ake (Manchester City)
- DF: Jurrien Timber (Ajax)
- DF: Stefan de Vrij (Inter Milan)
- DF: Owen Wijndal (AZ)
- DF: Daley Blind (Ajax)
- DF: Denzel Dumfries (PSV)
- DF: Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
- MF: Teun Koopmeiners (AZ)
- MF: Marten de Roon (Atalanta)
- MF: Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool)
- MF: Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)
- MF: Davy Klaassen (Ajax)
- MF: Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona)
- FW: Steven Berghuis (Feyenoord)
- FW: Cody Gakpo (PSV)
- FW: Luuk De Jong (Sevilla)
- FW: Memphis Depay (Lyon)
- FW: Donyell Malen (PSV)
- FW: Quincy Promes (Spartak Moscow)
- FW: Wout Weghorst (Wolfsburg)
Netherlands Euro 2020 squad: Team profile
The Dutch squad this time around is punctuated by the losses of defenders. Not only did legendary centre-back Ronald Koeman leave the manager's hot-seat last year for a stab at the Barcelona job, but the Netherlands have also since lost captain Virgil van Dijk to injury.
Elsewhere, young stars Myron Boadu, Justin Kluivert and Mohamed Ihattaren - all present in last autumn's internationals - will not be joining up with the international team this time around, either.
However, midfield starlet Ryan Gravenberch of Ajax has made the Netherlands Euro 2020 squad after picking up his first call-up in March.
Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum will captain the side in clubmate Van Dijk's absence.
FourFourTwo was launched in 1994 on the back of a World Cup that England hadn’t even qualified for. It was an act of madness… but it somehow worked out. Our mission is to offer our intelligent, international audience access to the game’s biggest names, insightful analysis... and a bit of a giggle. We unashamedly love this game and we hope that our coverage reflects that.
Get the best features, fun and footballing frolics straight to your inbox every week.
Thank you for signing up to Four Four Two. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.